SERVPRO of Wood River Valley Provides Remediation and Restoration when Small Fires Cause Big Damage.
Good news from the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)! While the United States still has what they call a “fire problem” with too many (preventable) fires, that number is finally on the way down. SERVPRO® of Wood River Valley applauds its neighbors for their efforts in fire prevention.
SERVPRO of Wood River Valley
Surprisingly, two-thirds of people do not know that cooking is the major cause of residential fires. As we’ve noted before, cooking accounts for about 50% of house fires, with the next most common cause (heating equipment) accounting for only a little over 12%. Whatever the cause, a fire can leave significant damage, even if the fire itself is small. Call SERVPRO of Wood River Valley for help remediating the damage and restoring your home and belongings to their preloss conditions.
We’re always on call at 208-788-0183.
Franchise Professionals: Experience, Training, Advanced Equipment
We have intense training in cleaning, disinfection, and remediating damage from fire, including its byproducts: smoke, soot, water, debris, and mold or other microbial growth. We also provide or supervise restoration services to bring your home and belongings to their pre-fire-loss conditions.
Our services include:
- Remove soot and smoke
- Water extraction
- Structural drying
- Cleaning and disinfection (sewage, mold, other microbial growth)
- Remediation of damage from water, fire, soot, smoke, and mold
- Clean and disinfect HVAC, air ducts, crawl spaces
- We also clean and repair:
- Carpets, upholstery, window treatments, other fabrics
- Wood, walls, ceilings, furniture
- Appliances, lighting
- Odor control
- Repair roof
- Remove downed trees
- Restore flooring
- Electronics restoration
- Document drying
- Specialize dry cleaning (conventional dry cleaning may set in odors or stains from soot, smoke, or mold)
- HVAC, plumbing, electrical services
Statistics about Residential Fires
From the NFPA:
- On average, a house fire occurs every 87 seconds
- The heat from a residential fire can reach 1,100 Fahrenheit in less than five minutes
- 96% of all homes in the United States have had some form of fire or smoke damage (remember, smoke can travel from the toaster to your closet, wreaking who knows what kind of havoc)
- The top three causes of residential fires in the United States are cooking (50%), heating (12.5%), and electrical malfunctions (6.3%)
- Yes, we know those numbers don’t add up to 100% -- those are the top three, not all, causes
Whatever happens, SERVPRO of Wood River Valley is Here to Help.®
The Titans of New York began playing football in 1960 without much success. In 1962, they changed their name to the New York Jets and moved to Shea Stadium. They improved. They got worse. They improved again. They got worse. Oh well.
SERVPRO of Wood River Valley